time to ask for help

thanks to a nearby lightning strike, my Akai CFT2791 tv lost a diode and a fd fuse which eliminated all sound.

i have not been able to cross match the diode which has the markings K0228 F10U20S. maybe this is a foreign component. does anyone know of a US replacement?

also, the markings on the PCB indicates the fuse is a FD. i have not found an abbreviation for FD. the PCB indicates this is a 125v 10 amp fuse, but what does FD mean? and where do i find a US replacement?

TIA

Reply to
Thirsty

Hi Thirsty...

The diode is made by Fairchild, if that helps at all...

Just in case that line was too long; here it is again broken for you...

And the only references I see referring to FD and fuse in the same breath is the other kinda fuse... ignition, or detonation fuses. Sure that the D isn't a poorly printed B (Fast Blow) ?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

woooeee, thank you ken, for the diode info, I don't know why they printed the K0228 first on the diode, but that is what misled me.

and about the fuse, def> Hi Thirsty...

Thirsty

"Thirsty" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

If this diode is one of the bridge rectifier change all four diodes.

Test with a 10A 125VAC fuse !

I.

Reply to
Inty

There is not way in a 27" tv in the US market that it has a 10 amp fuse in it. At most on the AC line input it would have something like a 4A slo-blo give or take a little. On the B+ side to the deflection stage, most use a 1.6amp or 1.0amp depending on the efficiency of the horizontal output stage.

A 10 amp is not even in the ballpark of anything I have ever seen in any 27" (or any sized crt based tv) size tv set made in the last 15 or more years.

Reply to
dkuhajda