Looking for cheap mosfet driver for half bridge

I'm looking for a cheap mosfet gate driver for half bridge configuration.

-mosfets to be used for dc motor control

-half bridge topology

Mike

Reply to
siliconmike

siliconmike

IRF does just about every chip, look for the IR21XX type series on IRF website.

Chris

Reply to
exxos

Good advice, Chris, and for Mike, read IR's application notes.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Depending on your current requirements, the TC/MAX4427 (~$2) or the Infineon TLE5205 are the two I've used (~$4.50). 4427 for motorfaders (~500mA) and the 5205 for small industrial motor control (1-2A).

Reply to
Erik Walthinsen

For general MOSFET driving, the TC4427 is great. However for a 'half bridge' configuration, in the same sort of power range, the IR2181, is my favourite. This generates the voltage to drive one 'high side', and one 'low side' N channel MOSFET, suiting this configuration excellently.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

ST 'L6384'. Very cheap (equiv' $1), 8 pin DIL. Logic input. Fets can be powered anywhere from 16V to 600V. Magic!

Reply to
john jardine

Reply to
siliconmike