half bridge drivers

Anyone know of a half bridge driver with a capability around 15 amps for a 12 volt system? Infineon's ifx007tau would work but rated at 50 amps it's an overkill. In the same direction, the ifx007 was found at Digikey but nothing with a lesser current rating. Digikey & Mouser & Newark all have curious nomenclature (full half bridge) that appear to require a bit of translation. Any suggestions for searching terms with these merchants?

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Do you want a single chip, or would a driver and a couple of dpak mosfets be OK?

UCC27712 is nice.

Schottky diodes across the fets is a good idea.

lørdag den 25. februar 2023 kl. 16.42.05 UTC+1 skrev Hul Tytus:

you can probably find something here:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

lørdag den 25. februar 2023 kl. 18.24.21 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

sure, but a single D2PAK with everything, including thermal,current,short, protection. capable of 100% duty cycle is convenient

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If it's available and behaves itself. I've seen such parts that had ghastly EMI radiation, and whose overload protection didn't always work. The protections are great if they really work. I've tested a few of the "self-protecting" mosfets and they were all horrible.

Maybe an IC fabrication process isn't always optimum for making power fets. I'd test that Infineon part really hard before committing to it.

Bust one open too, and see what the fets look like. Bigger is better.

lørdag den 25. februar 2023 kl. 22.22.41 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

sure, but something like

a bare gate driver and mosfets has none

I've used some that quite robust, a dead short with a 20A supply was not an issue

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Can you recommend a good one? I've tested ones that oscillated, or blew up.

lørdag den 25. februar 2023 kl. 22.57.02 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

as far as I remember it was a VND14NV04

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's obsolete now. There are some others around from OnSemi and Diodes. They power a bunch of protection circuit from the gate drive signal, and tend to switch very slow.

NRND and no stock for a year or so. Maybe these are falling out of favor.

søndag den 26. februar 2023 kl. 04.08.57 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

it says in active production and available for order on ST's site

I believe the slow switching is intentional to reduce emi and powering in from the gate drive is pretty much the only way to do it and keep it pin compatible with a regular fet

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

John - the single package is the objective, though current availableity make render that a hopefull one. I'll keep a record of the ucc27712. Thanks.

Hul

John Lark> > > Anyone know of a half bridge driver with a capability around 15 amps

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Thanks Lasse, I'll take look.

Hul

Lasse Langwadt Christensen snipped-for-privacy@f> l??rdag den 25. februar 2023 kl. 16.42.05 UTC+1 skrev Hul Tytus:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

We're doing a bunch of full and half-bridge things lately, in the 200 watt range mostly. We use a driver chip (LTC4444 or the UCC thing) and discrete n-channel fets. I wish there was a really good way to protect the fets. We add transzorbs and fuses and thermistors, which is a nuisance and not perfect protection.

Software (uP code or math in an FPGA) protection helps a lot: measure everything and compute Tj in real time.

(alternator simulator)

(DC power supply)

When the space and budget allow, one can grossly over-kill on the fets.

Following up to obvious SPAM is very bad form, but quoting that same obvious SPAM in your followup makes you an accessory.

We should all file a complaint with: X-Complaints-To:

Akakios Peretz

Post an original schematic and we'll discuss it.

You want an original schematic for vaping spammer?

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Lasse Langwadt Christensen ने शनिवार, 25 फ़रवरी 2023 को 11:54:10 pm UTC+5:30 बजे लिखा:

Reply to
RUKHMANA RAM GODARA

Hul Tytus ने शनिवार, 25 फ़रवरी 2023 को 9:12:05 pm UTC+5:30 बजे लिखा:

RUKHMANA RAM GODARA

shiv Singh

shiv Singh