Looking for a textbook

Can anybody recommend a good, fairly readable textbook concerning solid-state physics/electronic devices.

I have a good microelectronics book, but it doesn't include any theory about how and why diodes, BPJs, etc. work the way they do.

Thanks, Omega Red "Remove the spam to e-mail me"

Reply to
Omega Red

This was covered on slashdot a few weeks ago:

My favorite is the GE Transistor Manual, long out of print but available on ebay

Reply to
Jim Stewart
"

Semiconductor Physics and Devices (Basic Principles) by Donald A. Neamen published by Irwin/McGraw-Hill

isn't bad...

me

In my class on this at university, we use this book:

George

My favorite: "Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits", by Gray and Meyer (in its 3rd edition, now), published by Wiley.

It starts out with alot of high level math to explain the basic PN junction, but don't let that scare you -- they still do a great job of explaining the basic operation of the diode junction, then BJT's, then FETs, and MOSFETs. They have alot of practical examples, as well.

Reply to
tlbs101