Looking for a retractable USB cable.

I'm looking for a retractable USB cable that I can mount in a box, NOT one of those things with the retractor in the middle. I tried Mouser but I couldn't come up with the right search terms.

Any ideas?

--
Mark Healey
marknews@healeyopolis.com

The most clever thing about the retractables with the reel in the middle is that they do not require brushes to carry the signals and power. Any other kind of compact retraction device will require brushes. Brushes capable of reliably handling USB are going to be VERY expensive...therefore there isn't much of a market for such things. However, if you have enough room inside the box, you could design and build some kind of a spring-loaded roller assembly to retract the cable without twisting it. Good luck!

Reply to
webpa