Labeling Wire with the Brothers PT-1400 TZ Labeler

I was just in our local electrical store searching for outlet boxes and the like. I noticed an interesting (Dymo) label machine for sale at the front desk. Didn't ask the price, but it looked expensive, especially in the electrical specialty store. Afterwards, I went to Staples and found a Brothers labeler for $100 with a $50 rebate that looked quite similar.

My interest is mostly in labeling computer cables. I've used colored electrical tape at times, but a ring-link wrap of tape starts to come apart fairly quickly. The unit has various widths and a heavy duty (TZ) adhesive tape. Has anyone had experience with these devices.

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

'I think it not improbable that man, like the grub that prepares a chamber for the winged thing it has never seen but is to be, may have... destinies that he does not understand." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

--
                     Web Page:
Reply to

The local Lidl store had brother label printers for £10 - so far I've only used it for sticking tyre/suspension pressures on the motorcycle, I didn't think the label would stay put on the fork leg but it has so far.

Reply to
ian field

For usefull cable labeling stuff, take a look at

(if you want :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

I've used the common consumer-grade tape labelmakers to make wire labels - I put clear heat-shrink tubing over the label to make sure it doesn't come off the wire. (But I do prefer the Brady cable labels we use at work - but I can't afford the labels, let alone the printer!)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I happily working the my labeler, but it would be good to have an ac/dc adapter. Including tax and shipping, that comes to $36 at Brother. I need a

9.5v dc 1300ma adapter. Digi-key had n> >
Reply to
W. Watson

Reply to
W. Watson