ID old computers from Management Graphics?

Hopefully this isn't too OT here, but I couldn't really find a newsgroup to fit this, and my searching showed a couple similar questions here. I just moved into a new house, and the former owners left 2 older computers in good sized tower cabinets. I would like to know if they are of any practical use and if it would be any benefit to me to check them out or toss/sell them? I only know PC's/Windows. What OS, and any way/benefit on hooking them up to a PC?

The name on the computers state "Management Graphics" (Minneapolis, MN

55420), and on the front side is an opening with several circuit boards inside, as well as what looks like a 5.25 floppy drive, and another undetermined bay next to it. It has buttons labeled "Restart", "Halt/Enable", "On" and "Off". On the rear it says Serial: 517 (I think, hard to make out, may be 514 or 511), Model: TTS/PLUS, it has 4 ports that resemble parallel printer ports, and say "Terminal", "Tablet", "Modem", and "Host". Under those ports there are 3 round jacks that say "Red", "Green", and "Blue" (for a monitor?), and under that 3 similar round jacks, two that say "Sync Loop" and one that says "Sync Out". The other computer looks identical except it says Model 518. Also a "UL Listed" sticker on the back that says "Graphic Workstation 46N0". The units are about 27" high (on roller wheels), 14" wide, and 20" deep. I have a picture of the front of the 518 at
and a closer in shot of the rear connectors at

Thanks in advance

DannyKewl

Google on "mangement graphics" for about 20K hits. They made digital film recorders and were acquired by EFI "electronics for imaging" in 1999, who are still in business.

Bob

--
"Just machines that make big decisions
 programmed by fellas with compassion and vision."

just

good

use

them? I

to a

think,

that

and

"Green",

that

back

the

DannyKewl

I guess I'd call EFI tech support and try to find the oldest guy there and ask him what these things were.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

good

use

and

that

the

They look and sound a bit like the graphics workstations some of the Universities used on their weather data systems in the late '80s, early '90's. Unless you're really keen to do this out of interest, buy a cheap graphics card for your PC - it'll be more powerful and more useful. These workstations were networked with peculiar protocols and weren't exactly friendly.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor