I DESTROYED MY TELEVISION SET.

I GOT CABLE ONE DAY AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO WATCH AND I WATCHED MTV FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS THEN I GOT A BOWLING BALL AND THREW IT THROUGH THE SCREEN AND TOOK THE BOWLING BALL AND BROKE THE CIRCUIT BOARD AND BROKE THE CABINET. I CALLED MY CABLE COMPANY AND TOLD THEM THAT I AM CANCELING SERVICE AND THEY ASKED ME WHY I AM CANCELLING AND I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD BETTER NOT RECEIVE ANOTHER BILL FROM THEM. I FILLED UP THE SPACE WHERE MY TV ONCE UP WITH OREOS AND TWINKIES.

THEN ONE DAY I WAS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A GALLON OF VANILLA ICE CREAM AND I GOT A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. I OPENED IT AND IT WAS A BUNCH OF TEENAGERS. I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE MORMONS BUT THEY SAID THAT THEY WERE FROM DISH NETWORK AND THEY WANTED TO OFFER ME SATELLITE TV.

I TOLD THEM TO HOLD ON A MINUTE WHILE I GET MY CHECKBOOK. I SHUT THE DOOR AND TOOK A SHIT IN MY LEFT HAND AND I OPENED THE DOOR AND PROPELLED A LOG OF DOOK IN ONE OF THE SALESMAN'S FACES AND I TOLD THEM THAT IF THEY CAME BACK I WAS GOING TO KICK THEIR ASSES.

Reply to
Sitre Magana

(sigh) sounds like the american way - use of gratuitous force and violence. And spam.

-B.

Don't blame America. His own email address describes him as a yahoo.

Reply to
mm

WHOIS results for 141.76.45.34 Generated by

Location: Germany [City: Dresden, Sachsen]

So much for it being the American way?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's nice.

Reply to
wicked

You really should take your meds like you should.

Or.....you should quit self medicating.

Reply to
Terry

right, you looked at it with your evil eyes.

Reply to
Stephen King

Gotta love that German potato salad...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Not me. Any type of potato salad induces projectile vomiting.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

(sigh ...again)...Read it properly. it says ' SOUNDS LIKE the american way ', not IS the american way! .

SIGH! Read it for yourself (even though you wrote it). It is just another backhanded slur from Spain, against the US.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

please explain. what are the others, if this is 'another' and 'backhanded'?? how?

Read usenet for a while. There are a number of Europeans and a couple Canadians who Damn the US at every chance, even if they have to make up the whole story, rather than just twist a few facts. Its quite common on the sci.electronics.* hierarchy.

Backhanded as in, they don't come right out and say what they mean. Instead they try to turn it into a sick little joke so they can claim innocence when called on their comments.

Names like Eeyore, Homer J Simpson, Bill Sloman top the list, but there are dozens of others. Do a little digging and you'll see what I mean.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

why would anyone want to criticize the US?

Jealousy, or ignorance, is my guess. Either that, or they just love telling lies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

what lies etc. have you encountered? I'm intrigued. Can't say I've noticed a great deal on this NG, perhaps you could point me in the direction of the relevant threads.

A lot of it is on news:alt.binaries.schematics which isn't archived. Look for the names I mentioned in the Google groups archives, in the sci.electronics and alt.electronics groups. For instance, Bill Sloman made a claim that the US kept changing their food safety standards so his relatives couldn't export beef to the US. Others rant about nuclear power, the vehicles we drive, health care, food safety and any other garbage you can come up with. It would be easier for you to take a look at the archives with the names I gave, than for me to post pages of links. Add US or United States to your search to help filter out other posts.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In fact Michael A. Terrell, like a number of the regulars on sci.electronics.design, seems to have been brainwashed early on to believe

a) that the U.S.A. is perfect.

b) that anybody criticising any aspect of the U.S.A. - no matter how imperfect - is a lying, jealous, crypto-terrorist.

I'm inclined to blame the civics courses in primary school - a friend of ours spent a couple of years working in the U.S while his children were going to primary school. When they came home from school with strange ideas about the perfection of the U.S. system, their parents set them right - they were Australians, after all - which prompted the teacher involved to try to persuade the children that the parents were ignorant and misguided people. Since the parents were university educated, and very smart, this didn't work, but the parents were not well pleased.

For reference, one of the "lies" that we tell on sci.electronics.design is that the U.S. medical system produces remarkably poor public health statistics

This is mainly due to inadequate support for the poor qand minority groups.

Go figure. I guess it is a lot cheaper for the American government to brainwash its kids than it is to set up a comprehensive medical system.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

and

Exhibit "A". Need I say more?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They didn't change the food safety standards. Rather, they insisted that the slaughterhouses in Australia conformed - in every detail - to the regulations applying to slaughterhouses in the U.S. This meant that the Australians had to build special slaughter houses for the beef they wanted to export to the U.S.A. and they had to be inspected, and approved by U.S. inspectors before the exports could go ahead.

The inspections were very thorough - to the point of being quite unreasonably thorough - and it proved strangely difficult for anybody in Australia to build an acceptable slaughter house. Anything that did pass would fail a subsequent reinspection and have to be torn down and rebuilt.

This is usually described as "a non-tariff barrier to trade", though the word "cheating" is often used as well.

The relative involved was one of the daughters of my father-in-law's third wife. My father-in-law was not the father of the daughter involved, so the relationship was pretty remote. I originally got to hear of the scam from the farmers kids that I went to school with in Tasmania in the 1950's - it ran for many years.

U.S. health care is remarkably poor for such a rich country. Child mortality is about the same as Cuba's, and significanty worse that France, Germany, the U.K., the Netherlands or Sweden. Afro-Americans, Red Indians and the Inuit do a lot worse than WASPs.

Check out "The Omnivore's Dilemma" for a US-written take on US food safety

None of mine are garbage. Mike Terrell just doesn't like being reminded that the U.S.A. hasn't yet solved every social problem, and

- in some areas - could learn something from other countries.

The electoral system is about due for an update ....

And you'd avoid the distortions introduced by Mike Terrell's brainwashed perceptions.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman