Hitachi LCD - anyone recognise the pinout?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to connect a Hitachi SP21H002-Z1A LCD panel to my LCD controller. Thus far, I haven't been able to track down a datasheet, primarily because the folks at Hitachi Displays seem to be incapable of returning phone calls or replying to emails... Even the UK distributor has been unable to get them to respond... If anyone has a datasheet for this display (or schematics for something that uses it), PLEASE contact me - at this point any info would be useful.

The connector is a 30-pin 0.5mm pitch flexicable. Pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11,

13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30 are all grounds -- they all connect to the metal framework and to each other. I've also worked out (based on voltage-drop measurements) that pins 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 and 16 are probably inputs of some description and that 18 seems to be the display contrast control input (or maybe another power supply) and 20 seems to be the Vcc input (all the input pins have internal diodes running to it and GND). I've also figured out that pins 23, 25, 27 and 29 go to the touchscreen overlay - a resistive XY touchscreen.

What I can't figure out is which input does what. Has anyone seen any pinouts that follow the general scheme I've mentioned?

All I know about the display is that it's a 640x240 monochrome display with a CCFL backlight, and that it's got a resistive touchscreen overlay. I've had it in pieces, but all the driver ICs are chip-on-flexprint mounted, and the flexprint appears to be heat-sealed to the LCD glass.

If anyone has a datasheet for this display or one that appears to have similar pinouts, please contact me. Even if you can only offer a typed version of the pinouts and not a scan of the datasheet, that would still be very useful to me.

The From address in the header is valid, but heavily spam filtered. Replace "despammed.com" with "philpem.me.uk" if you're just sending text, or "philpem.castlecore.com" if you're sending an attachment larger than 1MB or so.

Thanks.

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
philpem@despammed.com (valid!)| Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G