HELP FOR HOW TO CHANGE JP RADIO TO WORK IN US FREQUENCY

HELP FOR HOW TO CHANGE JP RADIO TO WORK IN US FREQUENCY

I HAD A PANASONIC JAPANESE FM/AM RADIO. HOW TO MAKE IT WORK IN USA ?

Reply to
Davidtle

Change the front end to cover the bands you want to receive and change
the local oscillator tuning to beat with the signals on those bands and
give you the IF your radio's tuned to.
Reply to
John Fields

If you mean that it tunes in 9khz steps and you need it to tune in 10khz steps as I believe is the way in the Untied states, then you have to look in the instruction manual to find how to change it. Some radios cannot be changed. The AM and FM bands are similar all over the world just the station spacing and the size of the bands vary a bit.

--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

"Davidtle"  wrote in message
> HELP FOR HOW TO CHANGE JP RADIO TO WORK IN US FREQUENCY
>
> I HAD A PANASONIC JAPANESE FM/AM RADIO.  HOW TO MAKE IT WORK IN USA ?

Reply to
John G

John, he may be talking about the 9 KHz channel spacing, VS the 10 KHz spacing used in the US. Whatever he wants, he needs a model number. He would probably find more help on news:sci.electronics.repair.

--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida