DVD R/W

I am with problem in the installation of a new DVD recorder (LG). If somebody can to help me, I thank. I installed DVD in my computer operating with Windows XP with 512 Mb of memory. The computer recognizes DVD and to inform that it is working correctly, meantime it doesn't read or writes any disk.

Reply to
Fernando

Try posting this on comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Reply to
CWatters

Is the DVD drive set ( with a jumper next to the interface connector) to master, slave, or single as appropriate for your system?

XP has problems with its built-in DVD burning software. Have you fixed that (or disabled the built-in software) and/or installed something like Nero or Roxio?

webpa

Reply to
WEBPA