Circuit for HID Lighting

I am trying to make an underwater diving light. Does anyone know where I can find a circuit design to power an HID bulb?

Thanks

Henry

Reply to
Henry Deeks

has something that uses a NASA tech brief starting circuit with just a simple LV power supply to support the arc.

I think HID covers a lot of different types of lamps. They have been around for 30-40 years now . . . just recently used in auto headlamps.

The NASA brief suggested a regulated power supply be used, and their circuit specifically said "short arc mercury lamp."

Newsgroups
default