Can anyone explain this IC for me?

Hi all,

I am looking at the TDA1083 IC. The datasheet shows the following image:

I'm trying to figure out where the input for the FM signal goes. This IC is supposed to be an AM/FM receiver, but this newbie is a bit clueless as to where the FM antenna and matching network should be connected.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Reply to
MRW

Please go to wikipedia and look up the difference between "cross posting" and "multiple posting". Only one is considered to be good style, and then only under some circumstances.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Grab a copy of the complete data sheet:

it comes with a sample circuit for an AM/FM radio.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor
** Yawn - another Google Groupie .......

  • The IC has no RF stages for FM signals.

It is NOT a complete FM receiver.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Right, see figure 9 in the datasheet. They show an added RF amplifier, oscillator / mixer and a 10.7MHz IF crystal filter.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

** What for ?

I see no crossposting.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Try this one on:

Regards,
Gary

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein
Reply to
Gary