rs-232 to i2c converter using 16f88

Hi guys,

I've been searching the internet and specifically this site now for a few weeks in an attempt to learn how to get my 16f88 to convert my gps data (rs-232) to i2c.

I am doing this so that my Lego NXT can receive gps data without it using up the bluetooth connection.

I have the physical stuff that I need (programming board, chip, serial cable etc) but I lack the know-how.

I was wondering if anyone here has seen or done this before elsewhere, or if I could get a headstart in the right direction.

I've used both C and assembly before but not in the context of programming a chip.

Cheers, Rob

Reply to
Squishy

Why don't you get HiTech's free PIC compiler (Lite) and use the C routines provided there for I2C and serial? You'd then only have to "join the dots" to read RS232 and send I2C.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

Where are you getting stuck? Can you successfully receive, validate, and parse the NMEA sentences?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Check out Microchip's website. There is a wealth of application notes and code examples covering this sort of thing there. If you don't find exactly what you want under the 16F88, check out some of the other chips - one of the nice things about the PIC line of micros is they maintain upward and backward compatibility as much as they can.

Bob Stephens

Reply to
Bob