BBC jumps the gun on the script ....

Hey Folks,

Here's a link to a new video that shows a BBC reporter (Jane Stanley) reporting that WTC7 has just collapsed ... 23 min before it actually collapses!

It's funny because you can see WTC7 still standing in the background as she is reporting that it had collapsed. LOL!

Google video search: building 7 bbc

Check it out before Google censors this clip and removes it again.

Reply to
andyb

You mean you can see her in front of a green screen with video in back of her.

--
.
Reply to

Time to wake up HJS ......

Reply to
andyb

Right.

There's no such thing as a green screen. There's no such thing as a green screen. There's no such thing as a green screen. There's no such thing as a green screen. There's no such thing as a green screen.

Say it long enough and you'll believe it.

The video wasn't real time dumbass.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Actually, its called "Chromakey green", and yes, it does exist. It has been around for decades. The circuitry switches video inputs when the camera detects an exact shade of green. Have you ever seen someone in a green suit or dress walk in from of a Chromakey background? Everything that is close enough to Chromakey green disappears. I have used the equipment in a TV production center and I have, or had the schematics of the mid '70s Grass Valley Chromakeyer system.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I took a tour of CNN in Atlanta in about 2000. As part of their tour, they had a small weather type stage set up for visitors to experience. I was thinking they used blue for their back ground, but maybe not, I don't recall for certain. But it allowed you to stand and make gestures in front of a blank screen while watching yourself on a monitor just below the camera. The monitor showed different weather maps overlayed with your own image. You could easily stand in front of the blank screen and address the camera, while watching the areas you were gesturing at the same time.

Reply to
Maxwell

There are a couple colors that do work, as long as it gives a very narrow petal on the vectorscope. If it is too broad it will be reflected off other items and cause false switching.

The first keyer I used was for B&W at an AFRTS TV station in Alaska, in the early '70s. I used a function generator with an adjustable DC offset to create some interesting video effects in a mostly tube TV station.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Right - ANY highly-saturated color could work (which is what the "narrow petal" requirement amounts to) for keying. Saturated greens and blues have typically been the key colors of choice since they would not be expected to show up often in the clothing, etc., of those people/objects you'll be placing in front of the color screen. (Reds clearly are not going to work as well, given the typical range of "flesh" tones...unless you really WANT some odd effects re the appearance of on-camera personnel....:-))

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

How can you tell she's standing in front of a "green screen"?

Reply to
hugochavez10

Hey AC Club geeks ...

The BBC has already confirmed the authenticity of the broadcast.

Reply to
andyb

She was describing the towers falling down while the video showed them standing.

Now if it was the other way around I would be interested!!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Are you suggesting she was standing infront of a window in NewYork?

green screens give better image quality than back projection as there's no intervening optical step for the background image.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

thats NOT a chroma key shot.

you can tell by looking at the wisps of hair around her neck. thats where chroma keys become apparent, because as far as those pixels are concerned, they do not fall into the key color range because they have been blended with sub-pixel hairs, so you see an obvious green halo that is juts slightly not green enough to be keyed out. One solution to that halo is to "shrink" the keyed mask, which would eliminate the halo AND the wisps of hair- also making the key apparent.

I've worked in video for years and i guarantee you that is not chroma key. besides, THE BBC CONFIRMED IT IS LIVE.

THERE IS NO WAY AROUND THE IMPLICATIONS.

the fact that i'm seeing this coincidentally on this newsgroup shows you just how big this thing is getting.

ITS TIME FOR EVERYONE TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE THERMATE!!!!!

Reply to
picobot

How ARE things on the grassy knoll these days?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Hey Homer J ..... the clinic just called ..... your RFID chip is ready to be implanted...........................................................................................................................................SUCKER ;)

Reply to
andyb

Let me know how yours is working. Has Dr Who been by?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Don't be silly, Homer. He wasn't on the grassy knoll. He was making the backdrops which convince the gullible that the moon landings were real.

-- Per ardua ad nauseam

Reply to
tersono

Better then the place your head is usually .... which is up your ass

Reply to
hugochavez10

A s*****ad called drooled idiotically in message news: snipped-for-privacy@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

PLONK!