anyone buy from all-spec?

They have a cheap Weller WES51 soldering station (cheapest I've found). Wondering if they are a good company?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Reply to
RobMiller

A few months ago, I bought a fairly expensive ($3K+) workbench from All-Spec. Their website tracking system said it was going to be about a month late, but it actually arrived on schedule. (Which was a bit inconvenient, as I wasn't expecting it when it showed up :-)

Their customer support people were top-notch; one of the workbench components was a different color than everything else and they arranged for a swap without a hint of difficulty. And they picked up shipping on the return, too. Every time I called (getting work to pay for the bench was complicated) I got a human -- and not just any human, but one who was able to help me.

I'd definitely buy from them again. (But ignore the online tracking)

Oh, in case you're wondering: the bench is sweet...

--
Gordon S. Hlavenka           http://www.crashelectronics.com
        If your teacher tells you to Question Authority

Thanks. I won't pass up this deal then.

Reply to
RobMiller