what kind of fuse?

I have a 12v timer/relay powered by a 12v marine battery. Timer is powered by battery and has a relay that passes through the load acting as on/off switch. Instructions say to put a 1 amp fuse between power and battery. I can only find 1 amp 250v slow or fast acting fuses at Radio Shack. Will either the slow or fast acting fuse do the job or is there more I need to know to wire this in?

Thanks, Pat

Reply to
palito

12V fuses are usually available from car/auto parts shops.
Reply to
CWatters