Subject Author Posted Replies

What is wrong with low level code?
I recently posted a Verilog module to this forum, and someone responded tha t I was coding at a very low level, which was true; I was referring to XOR gates, NAND gates, NOR gates, and NOT gates. Is...
14
14

Piplineing logic alot? I have a tool for you
Try out the PipelineC compiler - it pipelines combinatorial logic for you. It is also a full hardware description language - thats cool. Looking for folks interested in using or contributing to the...

FPGA sensitivities
I have a time-critical thing where the signal passes through an XC7A15 FPGA and does a fair lot of stuff inside. I measured delay vs some voltages: 1.8 aux no measurable DC effect 3.3 vccio no...
4
4

Active HDL Entity Retention
I have multiple entities in a file. I renamed one of them. The design bro wser now shows both the old entity and the new one. It won't allow me to d o anything with the old entity like delete it. The...
4
4

Multi-FPGA Interconnection: latest techniques
Hi Experts, In FPGA Prototyping/Emulation flows, Multi-FPGA partitioning puts limitation on performance due to limited IO pins. What are the latest Multi-FPGA Interconnection techniques available...
9
9

Is there any way to get a different font for code sections?
When I make posts to this forum and have code to show, I do something like this: [code] module xyz (); // ... endmodule [/code] This has worked on other forums, creating a window with the text in a...
1
1

How powerful is Verilog at using parameters to specify designs?
I have a design in mind that would fit in this skeleton: [code] module xyz ( result, leftOp, rightOp); parameter integer nmBits = 1; localparam integer highBit = nmBits - 1; output result; input [...
21
21

Exponential Regression by XSG
I want to perform an exponential regression function by using the Xilinx system generator. To support fixed-point data, 12 bit, and 1 MSPS. That to estimate a logarithmic increase and decrease the...

exponential regression in XSG
Hi Guys, I hope everybody is fine. I would like to perform an exponential regression function by using the Xilinx system generator. could you please make help me. thanks and regards M. I. Ibrahim
1
1

Is it illegal to use an (enum) as a Verilog function input?
I'm still very much interested in finding out whether or not it's possible for a Verilog function to have a boolean value as input, but while I was wa iting for input on that I decided to rewrite a...
1
1

Can anyone explain "cannot currently create a parameter of type" compilation error message?
I've written a piece of code with inputs (left) and (right) and output (result), each of which operand is a single bit, which returns a logical one in (result) if (left) has the same value as (right),...
5
5

Can a Verilog function take a boolean argument?
I've got a Verilog function that I'd like to behave slightly differently depending on the value of a boolean argument, an argument whose value can be either (true) or (false). I tried: [code] module...
1
1

Non-binary NCO Modulus
I recall digging deeply into NCO design some years ago. I am trying to rem ember the dirty details of what I had learned. In particular I have a non- binary modulus. I'd like to find the simplest way...
8
8

Gowin FPGA Oddities
Gowin seems to have some nice configuration modes in their parts. Of cours e they have an auto boot from internal flash and JTAG can be used to progra m either the RAM or the Flash. They also have...
27
27

Trenz FPGA Module
I'm interested in the Trenz FPGA Module with the Gowin GW1NR-LV9QN88 on boa rd. The price is a bit high... well, I guess not for FPGA products, but ce rtainly for the size and costs in making the...
5
5