Xilinx Webpack inferring BRAMS, RedHat version

I have been working on a design that uses BRAMs to implement a register file using the Windows version of the Xilinx Webpack. Recently, I have moved to a Linux based laptop to continue working on this project and have setup the RedHat version without much trouble. However, the same code I use for the register file synthesizes as distributed RAM under the RedHat version instead of BRAMs. I have been able to force it to use BRAMs using the synthesis settings, but I would like to know if there is something else I can do to have the tool infer it as a BRAM without having to make this change, since I will be adding components to my design soon that will have to be mapped to distributed RAM. Any ideas or am I stuck?

Thanks, Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Wood