Xilinx License Question

Hi folks, I am thinking of buying Xilinx ISE BaseX but I am not clear about their license policy. The written policy in their website is not very clear.

  1. What exactly is going to happen after one year has passed? Will the software stop working? Or may be they just don't send me major update anymore but I still can use the older version with the latest service pack?!
  2. Does ISE BaseX comes with a dongle?
  3. If I need to reformat and reinstall the OS + ISE, do I need to re-register similar to those activation mechnism that comes with Windows XP?
4.How much will it cost to estend the license for another year?

Thanks!

Hendra

Reply to
Hendra Gunawan

Hi folks, I am thinking of buying Xilinx ISE BaseX but I am not clear about their license policy. The written policy in their website is not very clear.

  1. What exactly is going to happen after one year has passed? Will the software stop working? Or may be they just don't send me major update anymore but I still can use the older version with the latest service pack?!
  2. Does ISE BaseX comes with a dongle?
  3. If I need to reformat and reinstall the OS + ISE, do I need to re-register similar to those activation mechnism that comes with Windows XP?
4.How much will it cost to estend the license for another year?

Thanks!

Hendra

Reply to
Hendra Gunawan

The software will work forever you just won't get updates if you don't renew your service agreement. There is no license file or dongle just a license number for the installer.

Reply to
B. Joshua Rosen