Xilinx ILA -> supported FPGA ?

Hi,

Do you have any advice about Intergrated Logic Analizer in FPGA Xilinx?

For a new product, I have to provide an on-board logic Analizer. I will use ILA with JTAG port. The question is I don't know which SPARTAN I have to use to do the JOB.

We have to up to 130 Mhz acquisition for 64 bit vectors. The fifo data depth is not very important -> 16-32k will be enough.

The FPGA will just be used for Logic Analizer JOB, so which FPGA?

Any help will be appreciated.

Laurent

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

ChipScopePro 5.1 supported Spartan II/E, Virtex/E/II/Pro

sample width 64 is OK maximum depth 16K

remember that alls samples goto internal BRAM so as example for

8 bit trigger 64 sample width 16k depth you need 65 BRAMS so this will limit the selection of suitable FPGA remember that ChipScope is not free and the ILA cores can not be used without valid ChipScopePro software license 995$ so by using ChipScope you instantly add 1000$ to the product price.

antti

Antti Lukats