Arming the Chipscope Pro ILA

Hi,

I have to record some events immediately atfer configuration of my FPGA (Spartan-3 1500). Chipscope's ILA and ICON are included and work well. Unfortunately, I'm not fast enough to hit F5 in time and arming the ILA in this way:-(. How can it be armed earlier, but that would mean during core generation. The FPGA is configured by a micro controller via JTAG. After finishing the configuration this micro access the FPGA and I've to record these cycles. Of course, I *have'nt* access to the micro's code.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Reinemann

Why don't your own code that samples the lines of interest for the first few moments that you care about. The data can be stored in BRAM and then read out any way and at any time you please. It basically is what Chipscope does, just one shot and immediately on.

---Matthew Hicks

Reply to
Matthew Hicks

If your micro controller has a JTAG connection you may connect it to Scanseer software

(this is a program for boundary scan similar to ChipScope but it works with all JTAG enabled devices). Then you can observe micro controller's pins and view their waveforms.

Reply to
SKatsyuba

Yes you are right, but this is a lot of work more than using Chipscope. If any where the protocol description for communication between ILA and ICON, than I could do my own ILA and using Chipscope's Analyzer.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Reinemann