Xilinx Connect custom peripheral to PPC

Hi everyone,

after I have imported my custom peripheral into XPS 8.2i, I added the Design to my System (XC2VP30). The custom peripheral should be attached to the PowerPC using the Onchip peripheral Bus, which is created using the Create/Import Custom Peripheral Wizard.

I download my Design to the board with no errors. When I now try to run a C++ File in XPS SDK by pressing the run Button, the XMD exits with the error: "Failed Loading Project, Check if MHS/MSS files are correct (Errors ocurred while creating Hardware System) Initialization Failed: E02 Failed to load XMP file"

When I use the "manual" way: open XMD in Command Shell, connect ppc hw

-> dow file.elf -> con. The xmd tells me the processor is running, but I get not the results that I expect to see (outputs on RS232). I open the XMD Debugger and the program rests in the first line of the code with no further debugging possible.

I get this error when I connect my custom peripheral to PPC, when I use the MicroBlaze, I get no errors. I assume this might have something to do with the address space of the custom peripheral. In the address tab on the right hand side of the XPS Gui I tried to set a address space manually, for example from 0x4200000 to 0x4200ffff. I also tried the "generate address" button, I get the message that "address generation is only supported for single processor desings". But I need both processors in a next step and I just tried to delete one of the ppcs in the design, which leads to more errors. At last I tried to simply leave my custom peripheral without address space, as some of the components in the address tab also do not seem to have one.

So has anybody a solution for my problem? How do I succesfully connect my custom peripheral to the PPC?

Thanks and Regards, Peter

Reply to
Peter Kampmann

For those who have the same problems with XPS 8.2i to understand the tutorials which can be found in the internet that use XPS 6.x: There's a tutorial which shows step by step the custom peripheral import in XPS 8.1i which is similar to XPS 8.2i.

Regards, Peter

Peter Kampmann wrote:

Reply to
Peter Kampmann