Xilinx 8.1.02i map failure

I downloaded the latest Xilinx service pack today and I'm now seeing Map fail for a pre-existing design. Lat week I started porting the design from the 6.1.03 s/w release to the 8.1.01 release. I had some timing errors in the initial port, so I decided to download the latest s/w updates before proceeding much further.

Now Map fails. I see no indication of any errors, the map report looks fine, but I get the following output:

Mapping completed. See MAP report file "chiptop_map.mrp" for details.

Process "Map" failed

Anyone else seeing this problem?

John Providenza

Reply to
johnp

Another user emailed me saying he also saw this problem. His solution (which I tried successfully) was to re-create the project from scratch.

So, if you upgrade from 8.1.01 to 8.1.02 you may see Map fail.

I've opened a Webcase with Xilinx.

John Providenza

Reply to
johnp

Oh I'm so shocked.. I couldn't even get as far as a map with 8.1.02 :-)

Simon

Reply to
Simon Peacock