Xilinx 7 series PCIe core models vs. Icarus Verilog

We are looking for simulation models for the Xilinx 7 series FPGA PCIe core. We use Icarus Verilog models extensively, but the models that Xilinx provides are encrypted, so locked in to a small set of other simulators. We are hoping that we are not the only ones with this problem and we can share simulation models for their core.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
Stephen Williams

and deep.

//

=A0 =A0 =A0 and lines to code before I sleep,http://www= .picturel.com=A0 =A0 =A0 And lines to code before I sleep."

The PCIe embedded hard block is a very complicated design and the simulation models are released as encrypted models to protect the IP. Simulation is supported in the free Xilinx iSim simulator as well as ModelTech and I belive VCS simulators.

There is no support for Icarus.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

keep,

and lines to code before I sleep,
And lines to code before I sleep."

That is very awkward for us since we use a fair amount of VPI code in our system level simulations. We are basically being forced to either come up with our own simulation of the PCIe hard core, or port our simulation environment to a "blessed" simulator.

At one time I talked with some of your engineers about adding the necessary encryption support into Icarus Verilog, but it was not clear to me which encryption method you used, and whether it would have been viable to have an open source implementation of it. I think we concluded no.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,
Stephen Williams

keep,

and lines to code before I sleep,
And lines to code before I sleep."

Synopsys have their own smartmodels but Xilinx moved to SecureIP for some reasons, more open?

/michael

/michael

Reply to
Michael Laajanen

dark and deep.

ttp://

=A0 =A0 =A0and lines to code before I sleep,http://=
=A0 =A0And lines to code before I sleep."

Move away from SmartModels was primarily due to a lack of continuing support from Synopsys for the latest OS and simulator versions.

The SecureIP models are supported in a wide range of simulators as the answer record shows.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan

Hi, Ed McGettigan skrev 2011-12-08 17:26:

keep,

and lines to code before I sleep,
And lines to code before I sleep."

Speaking of Synopsys, since they now since a couple of years fully supports Solaris on x64 has Xilinx any plans/discussions about that to?

/michael

Reply to
Michael Laajanen

e:

, dark and deep.

,

=A0 =A0 and lines to code before I sleep,http://w= ww.picturel.com=A0 =A0 And lines to code before I sleep."

.

Support for operating systems beyond Linux and Windows are not on our product roadmaps.

Ed McGettigan

-- Xilinx Inc.

Reply to
Ed McGettigan