Wide frequency range, arbitrary waveform DDS

't a

rom this discussion.

typical DDS generating a sine wave.

uch as Nyquist considerations. Your memory is finite, so you have a fundame ntal trade off between clock rate and duration of the AWG pattern. I don't know your real requirements, so I can't advise you about how to optimize th is. It will depend on your particular problem.

there are many AWG products at other levels of integration, modules and boa rds. eBay abounds with them.

G board level products and small box level products.

is&media=COPY

There are products out there that do exactly what you want. I found Bitsco pe, for example, which seems to have a board level product, but their web s ite is so goofy I can't find actual specs on it. The control panel example they show only provides standard waveforms, not arbitrary. So I'm not sur e it is an AWG.

You might need to contact them.

How many do you need? Is it worth the effort to roll your own? How are yo u going to provide a waveform input/definition?

--

Rick C.

+-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
+-- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

On 2022-08-23 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in comp.arch.fpga:

Indeed a bit goofy, found no specs either. They say arbitrary but only show standard and distorted standard waveforms. Also no indication how to get truly arbitrary data in.

Number is still unknown (to me), but it is for a commercial product. So just sticking in some fancy boards will not be an option. There will be more generators and signal operations and a lot of other stuff, so it will be custom board(s) and controllers etc. anyway. And then you have things like form factor and design and more. The AWG bit may in the end be the simplest problem to solve.

Getting the data in is another thing completely and that will probably involve PC programs and cloud connections. Not my first choice, but understandable from our customer and end user points of view.

--
Stef

Windows - From the people who brought you EDLIN!
Reply to
Stef

scope, for example, which seems to have a board level product, but their we b site is so goofy I can't find actual specs on it. The control panel examp le they show only provides standard waveforms, not arbitrary. So I'm not su re it is an AWG.

you going to provide a waveform input/definition?

lf you want to provide a very large memory, you can attach an SDRAM to an F PGA and have literally GBs of RAM at very high sample rates with low cost. If the rest of the design does not require a large FPGA, you can do this i s a small FPGA for less money than the memory chip.