what is microblaze ?

Hi,

Can any1 tell me what exactly is microblaze or in particulat what do we mean by the term "soft processor" ??

If i have to work on some thing or implement some thing on say virtex

2 board , do i have to use microblaze every time or can i just skip micro blaze part and do some simple implementations without it ??

Hope any1 can give me a simple answer to this ....

thanks

Reply to
mb

A processor implemented in a FPGA by using the programmable logic inside the fpga.

no

or can i just skip

you can skip

sure

no problem

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Soft Processor = a cpu implemented in programmable logic.

Nope, you are not stuck with the MBlaze. its just one of many, or you can roll your own from scratch.

Check out opencores.org for others that are already done for you..

Reply to
Ziggy

Hi thanks a lot guys :))

i think ur response was indeed helpful :)

cheers

Reply to
mb