Microblaze asm and C shared variables

Hi all.

I have to write a code for the MicroBlaze soft processor (Xilinx Platform Studio 6.1.03i) and I am facing the following problem: both my assembly code and my c code have to access some shared (global!) variables but I do not know how to do it. I downloaded all the MicroBlaze documentation from the Xilinx web site (or at least I am convinced I did) but I did not find any clue. Does someone of you out there know how to do it?

Regards,

Andrea Sabatini

Reply to
Andrea Sabatini

Andrea,

If you are looking for ways on how to pass variables to assembly instructions in MicroBlaze, check out the very last passage in the following solution record:

Hope this helps,

Matt

Andrea Sabat> Hi all.

Reply to
Matthew Ouellette

Matt,

Thank you for your reply. I am now facing another problem. I would like to call C routines from my assemble code but I did not found a place where there is written how to do it. I am able to do it with routines that do not need input parameters and do not return any value but I need to know how to do it in a general case (presence of ins and outs).

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

1&getPagePath=18561

Platform