vxWorks soft boot with ML310/ VirtexIIPro

I am trying to get the soft boot functionality working with vxWorks on an ML310 platform PPC405 platform.

I have tried the following:

adding "sysace=0(0,0):/vxWorks" to the default bootline, per the Xilinx sysSystemAce.c file. adding "sysace=0(0,0):cfgaddr" to the default bootline, per the Xilinx sysSystemAce.c file. adding "sysace=0(0,0):cfgaddr7" to the default bootline, per the Xilinx sysSystemAce.c file.

I have also tried, #define INCLUDE_BOOT_FLASH so that XSYSACE_INSTALL_RESET_VEC is defined (again according to xilinx C file comments).

All of my attempts yield the same result: OPB ERROR LED being lit and the system hanging.

I CAN from the vxWorks shell, issue sysSystemAceJtagSetConfigAddr 1 followed by sysSystemAceJtagReboot() and the system will properly reconfigure FPGA and restart vxWorks as expected.

What am I missing here? I know the underlying mechanisms to make the reboot are good, it's just that "reboot" and "Ctl-X" from the shell, cause OPB error and send the system into never land.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to