vpw/pwm controller

hi all, can anyone tell me where i can get a free vpw/pwm controller either in vhdl or verilog according to j1850 standards.

thanks , asha.

Reply to
ashasravanthi

Sounds like we don't know what "j1850" is. Could you point us at a reference somewhere?

Generally, PWM or other pulse generators are so easy to write in HDLs that I build them afresh each time I need one, using a few standard arrangements that I've used in the past. Input register, counter, comparator, output register...

--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

jonathan.bromley@MYCOMPANY.com
http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

Jonathan Bromley

J1850 is an automotive comms bus, a bit like CAN, but (usuallY) only with one wire and a simple physical layer (single pull-up transistor per node):

I guess the OP wants to do access the engine diagnostics.

To my mind this is much more of a microcontroller task than an FPGA one - it's all very slow! I bet you could use a Picoblazeo to bitbash it if you put your mind to it though :-)

Cheers, Martin

--
martin.j.thompson@trw.com
http://www.conekt.net/electronics.html

hi i think i am not clear in my question.i am actually trying to develop vpw controller but not vpwm signal. SAE j1850 is automotive protocol standard. i am looking for ip cores like j1850 BDLC VPW core by DRIVVEN INC which is a paid version . i need free sources similar to that.can anyone suggest me some refereces for this.

thanks, ASHA

Reply to
ashasravanthi