Nand flash controller

Hi, all,

Could anyone tell me whether there is a simple nand flash controller
in the market so that I can interface it with my arm9 (S3C2440)
processor? I know s3c2440 has one but I  need one more which supports
large memory size 2GB.

Thanks!

Re: Nand flash controller

Other than CF, which can address 127G?

Re: Nand flash controller

Look at the SST Nanddrive

Re: Nand flash controller

Is it possible to make a nand flash controller by a 8 bits MCU? I say
this because those card controllers in the market have multifunction
to read many kinds of cards and I think it is a waste of resource for
my application.

Re: Nand flash controller

Sure, how much time do you have?  Wear leveling,
bad sector remapping and all that is not trivial.
Plus the chicken-and-egg dilemma of where to store
the wear leveling and bad sector data so that that
spot doesn't wear out (:

A better approach might be either a CompactFlash
card or this device:

http://www.sst.com/products.xhtml/nand_flash_storage/85/SST85LD0128

Both will do their own housekeeping with a mimimum
of host entanglements.

Site Timeline