Error JTAG chain problem detected

My design worked for about 3 hours and now gives me this error. I just can't understand what is wrong with it now. I didn't do anything wrong.

!Error: JTAG chain problem detected !Error: The TDI connection to the first detected device EP2C8 might be shorted to VCC or is an open circuit

!Error: The TCK and TMS connections to the device before the first detected device EP2C8 might have a problem

!Info: Detected 1 device(s) !Info: Device 1: EP2C8

device is EP2C8Q208C8

TDI pulled high with 10Kohm resistor also TMS TCK pulled down with same resistor value Pin 2 on JTAG header connected to GND Pins 4 and 6 connected to VCC 3.3V Pin 10 connected to GND TDO connected directly to cyclone II MSEL 0 and 1 to GND nCE to GND also on board is used EPCS4SI8 but I disconnect that one but problem remains.

majsta

ed

sometimes altera jtag programmer is easily affected by some signal integrity issues on the jtag chain for some reason i don't know. try turning off the board and disconnect the jtag programmer (whatever blaster) from the computer and then u power on the board and connect the blaster to cpu and try again.

Reply to
Jack Leong

Ok thank you, but here is some info after investigation. Two reasons first one is regarding to pin 6 on JTAG and for ByteBlaster it needs VCC connection but in USB blaster stays NC. Second one may be with AnalogGND and DigitalGND problems on the board, and after solving those two things problem is gone :)

majsta