VHDL 200x? when?

When should we see VDHL 200x incorporated in our EDA tools?

Reply to
Michael

Considering how long it took synthesis vendors to put VHDL-93 features into their tools, I'll guess: 2011. In the summer.

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

I'll agree with you. Originally VHDL was supposed to be updated every 5 years. Hence, VHDL-93 was a year late (not too bad for something done by committee), and tt was already clear by the late '90s that VHDL-98 was a pipe dream. Paul Mencini was on some 3-4 years ago asking for suggestions on what people wanted to see in VHDL-200x, and at that time people pointed out that the need for another version of VHDL was questionable when so many vendors still weren't particularly VHDL-93 compliant!

Reply to
Joel Kolstad