VGA controller

I'm looking for simple VGA (XGA up to 800x600) controller for displaying simple images on the LCD pannel - any suggestion for available ASIC (LCD controller) or FPGA (VHDL core) design will do. Thanks,

Damir

Reply to
damir

"damir" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dn6s3r$j06$ snipped-for-privacy@bagan.srce.hr...

there are plenty of them, do your homework.

opencores has something, xilinx reference designs include them, and there are other VGA controllers ipcores as well.

and most likely non of them suites your needs as it is really dependant on your SoC bus and memory being used.

the VGA is simple (LCD even simpler) if... you have high speed easy to use large fast memory for frame buffer. if not then it not so simple any more.

look at ML401 reference design there is VGA core on PLB bus, its for non LCD but modification to LCD would be really simple.

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

I've found reference design from Xess for their Xilinx boards - it's for standard VGA, but as you've said - translation for digital flat pannel interface shouldn't be a problem.

Damir

Reply to
damir

is one solution

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Currently I'm looking only in 800x480 resolution with (if possible) 18-bit color (16 bit is also ok) and flat-panel digital RGB interface.

Damir

Reply to
damir