Using the EDK based video decoder

Hello everybody,

I am trying to capture input video data using the Digilent Video Decoder board (VDEC1) connected to the Xilinx XUPV2P board. I am trying to use the EDK based example provided by Digilent on their site. But when I try to build the design I am getting a licensing error for the I2C IP used internally in the design. I have reproduced the error below for reference.

Does anybody has any experience with something like this? I was wondering if I had to buy the I2C Logicore IP separately from Xilinx. Does digilent provide any evaluation license for this IP along with the board or the example design?

Kindly share any experiences/suggestions you have with this. The project I am working on critically depends on capturing the video data from a camera. I will really appreciate any sort of help.

Thanks in advance, Koustav

INFO:coreutil - Valid license for feature opb_iic_v1 not found. You may use the customization GUI for this core but you will not be able to generate any implementation or simulation files. Contact Xilinx to obtain a full license for this LogiCORE. For more information please refer to

FLEXlm Error: No such feature exists (-5,21) ERROR:MDT - opb_iic (i2c) - C:\video_capture_rev_1_1\system.mhs line

193 - invalid license or no license found! plb_v34 (plb) - C:\video_capture_rev_1_1\system.mhs line 99 - 2 master(s) : 2 slave(s) opb_v20 (opb) - C:\video_capture_rev_1_1\system.mhs line 108 - 1 master(s) : 2 slave(s)

Running UPDATE Tcl procedures for OPTION PLATGEN_SYSLEVEL_UPDATE_PROC... ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!

make: *** [implementation/ppc405_0_wrapper.ngc] Error 2

Done!

Reply to
Koustav