Interfacing the EDK based video decoder

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use the EDK based video decoder design provided by Digilent. But when I am trying to buid the netlist I get the following licensing error from the FLEX . I have purchased the video decoder board. Do we have to purchase the license of this IP as well?

Anybody has any past experiences in using this IP or some way to use the video decoder for capturing S-video inputs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

INFO:coreutil - Valid license for feature opb_iic_v1 not found. You may use the customization GUI for this core but you will not be able to generate any implementation or simulation files. Contact Xilinx to obtain a full license for this LogiCORE. For more information please refer to

FLEXlm Error: No such feature exists (-5,21) ERROR:MDT - opb_iic (i2c) - C:\video_capture_rev_1_1\system.mhs line

193 - invalid license or no license found! plb_v34 (plb) - C:\video_capture_rev_1_1\system.mhs line 99 - 2 master(s) : 2 slave(s) opb_v20 (opb) - C:\video_capture_rev_1_1\system.mhs line 108 - 1 master(s) : 2 slave(s)

Running UPDATE Tcl procedures for OPTION PLATGEN_SYSLEVEL_UPDATE_PROC... ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!

make: *** [implementation/ppc405_0_wrapper.ngc] Error 2

Done!

Reply to
Koustav

Some of the IP cores that are included in Xilinx EDK require an extra license before they can be used. In the "IP Catalog" windows these cores are tagged with a special symbol, a padlock. Usually, an evaluation license is provide with these cores, so they can be implemented and tested. However, this licenses will expire some months after the release of the EDK version. So, if Your EDK version is too old, all Your evaluation licenses have expired. As far as I know, new eval. licenses can be requested via the Xilinx website.

Best reagards, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Hofmann