Use of memory bits in QuartusII

Hi,

I have a question concerning the intelligence of the compiler in QuartusII software:

Of course I can use FIFO structures that can be uses as templates which only have to be instantiated. The contol logic has to be built around that template.

But what if I write my own FIFO VHDL code, does the compiler "recognize" it to a certain degree and does the compiler then use memory bits instead of logic ressources? I have written my own module in which there is a fifo function with additional logic around it. But the compiler does only use logic ressources. Is there something I have to bear in mind if I want the compiler to use memory bits or even fifos ?

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Andrés Vázquez Guntermann & Drunck System Development

Reply to
ALuPin