Updating FPGA SPROM firmware over the IP network?

Hi, I want to know if there is a method of loading/updating firmware into an SPROM using the network. Rather than physically replacing the SPROM in the field, we want to transmit it over the network program the SPROM using the JTAG interface or other. What method can be used to program it remotely? Can it be made secure?

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Lohbihler