how to distinguish the ip throughput from ethernet and usb port

Hi all

thanks for reading :-) the kernel version is 2.6.x my board has two ports ehternet/usb can be used to bear the ip throughput. so a user can config the board by httpd via the both ports. but sometime I want to block the access to httpd from the usb port, how can I do that? Is there a easy way to go?

Marco Peng

Reply to
Marco Peng

Seems you could either configure the httpd (whichever one you are using) to not listen on the USB network interface, or perhaps just not enable the USB network interface at all.

You probably want to look in the documentation for the httpd you are using.

Or if you want to disable the USB net interface, try to stop loading the driver modules or skip the ifconfig for that interface - look in the startup scripts.

A somewhat heavy handed but nonethless expedient method can be to cd to /etc on the device or the staging of what will become its filesystem and issue a recursive grep for likely keywords and see what you find. This will usually lead you to a means of disabling something, though often you will not end up disabling it in the preffered manner.

Reply to
cs_posting

I understand the OP that he wants to temporarily disable http access via the usb network device. So maybe he could block port 80 of the usb network interface via iptables. Regards Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Zabel