"undeclared here" error and undesired file persistance in Xilinx Platform Studio

I have a C program I'm developing for the Microblaze SOC processor. I'm using the Xilinx Platform Studio ver. 8.2.02.

I had included in the project a particular *.c source file, then removed it. The compiler/linker/application builder insists on trying to compile/link this file, giving the error: TestApp_Memory.c:10: error: `GPIO_DataReg' undeclared here (not in a function)

" TestApp_Memory.c" is the file I've removed. I've "cleaned" everything I can find, but the error persists.

Can anyone offer suggestions short of creating a clean app (which I've done twice now)?

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Open the .xmp file for your project and see if it still list "TestApp_Memory.c". If it does, remove it. I have not seen this paticular problem, but I have seen other stuff left in the *.xmp file after I removed it from the project. Specifically, when I removed a peripheral that I had locked the memory address assignment on, the fact that it was locked was still in the *.xmp file. If I then added the peripheral back in, I could not assign it a memory address until I edited the *.xmp file.

I think that the EDK developers did the right thing by keeping almost all of the EDK files plain text. Only the Base Sysem Builder file is not plain text as far as I know. I keep all of my designs under version control with CVS, and EDK is so much better than ISE in this regard. The few sugestions I would have for EDK in this regard are to change the BSB file to text, stop rewritting the *.xmp file if it has not changed, and make sure you keep date stamps, gui settings etc segregated from the real design files.

Regards,

John McCaskill

John McCaskill

Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J