Microblaze development without EDK?

Pardon the newbie question, but I'm still at sea in Xilinx's tools.

I have an EDK license, and a BaseX ISE license, but I'm looking for a development flow [for instructional purposes] that will use just Webpack in conjunction with open-source tools.

Sure, I can build gcc & gdb for uBlaze, but what connectivity options are there to get gdb talking over JTAG to the core?

If the method will work with Xilinx's USB JTAG adapter, that is gravy - but not necessary. It's acceptable to buy or make a third-party adapter.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@e63g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

MicroBlaze itself can only be used as per license agreement, eg you must own EDK copy in order to use Microblaze.

so if you want to go around and use it without the license then you can only use some of the 3 availabe microblaze open-source clones.

none of them has any jtag debugging included so you are limited to init the brams with data2mem tool, and then optionally with custom tool.

as of debugging you may get it going by having some gdb-stub in the microblaze clone system and writing your own gdb server

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats