to use flash on the fpga board

Hi All,

Now I am using Virtex-II Pro50 Memec Design FPGA to do my projects. I want to use flash to store my data, so I have to add a flash on the fpga. From the internet I learned that I can add a System ACE CF by the System ACE connector or I can add a P160 module which have flash on it by P160 connector. Are the two methods all OK for the Virtex-II FPGA, if so, which is better and easier? if not, what can I do to use flash to store my data?

Thank you!

Lina

Reply to
Lina

Does anyone know? Please help me!

Thank you!

Lina

Reply to
Lina

Lina, I've used Memec's DS-KIT_2VP4LC product. I got it to boot from Flash on an old style P160. The newer ones are a bit different. I also got it to work booting from an ACE-CF. That was a bit more of a challenge. I had to rework the ACE connector to fit with their ACE-CF module. Had to fiddle with formatting the drive and put debug code in the driver to attain visibility to debug the interface. The Flash interface was much easier to get going.

-Newman

Reply to
Newman