TI TFP410 DVI transmitter help?

I am trying to use I2C to configure TI TFP410 DVI transmitter. I put differential clock input and VSYNC/HSYNC with the data. I suppose to get

1600x1200 image on the monitor. Basically, I just want to show a simple image and my hardware pins configuration is like below:

DKEN (35)

Reply to
Chao

You need to read the datasheet for this and other devices (DVI TX/RX).

HSYNC and VSYNC are not differential clocks. These are horizontal and vertical blanking signals, respectively. Feeding them a differential clock will result in nothing of any use on the output.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Martin

To send private email: email = snipped-for-privacy@y.com where: "x" = "martineu" "y" = "pacbell.net"

Reply to
Martin E.

Does the monitor display recognize the resolution but is all blank, or does it just display "no signal" ?

What values did you write in the I2C registers ?

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

The registers I set as: CTL_1_MODE (Addr 08H)

Reply to
Chao

/PD (10) EDGE (09)

Reply to
Dave Nunn

What speed is your clock?

Have you tried to produce a lower resolution display?

Cheers, Martin

-- snipped-for-privacy@trw.com TRW Conekt - Consultancy in Engineering, Knowledge and Technology

Martin Thompson