Eprom help.

I've been trying to troubleshoot a Samsung TCD1341 tv without a schematic. The problems is that there is no osd. I was able to locate a similar data sheet for the Z8622704PSC uP. You can have a look here:

Questions:

Is this data sheet close enough to the original part to troubleshoot a defunct osd problem? The markings on the pc board seem to agree with the data sheet.

If you look on page three of the pdf, are pins 23-26 (VRED, VGREEN etc.) for input or output? I have no signal on these pins but good signal on pins 21 and 22 (HSYNC and VSYNC). The XTAL 1, XTAL2, OSCIN, and OSCOUT all have good signal.

If pins 23-26 are output signals, is that where the osd is generated?

On the bottom of page seven, there is a timing schematic showing HSYNC vs. OSC2 with the caption, "On-Screen Display." I cannot find any reference to OSC2 in any of the other diagrams. Any wisdom about this?

Is the Z86227 basically an unprogrammed version of the tv's Z8622704PSC?

Thanks for your reply.

-- David Farber David Farber's Service Center L.A., CA

Reply to
David Farber