System Generator cc1 error

Hi,

I am trying to use System Generator but it always shows the following error no matter what type of blocks are used. Even demos are showing the same error.

Error: "gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory" I don't know what does that mean. EDK is also showing the same problem.

Configuraiton: Windows XP SP2 Xilinx ISE 8.1i SP3 EDK 8.1i SP1 System Generator 8.1 Matlab R14 SP3

I checked and cc1 seems to be preprocessor or something also EDK complains about cpp0. I checked the installation directory and found cc1 and cpp0 at C:\Xilinx\gnu\MinGW\2.0.0-3\nt\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2 and tried setting the PATH variable to it but it only gave more errors. What could be the problem here

thank you, kishore.

Reply to
Kishore

Hi,

I've just had the exact same problem as this. You've probably solved it by now but I thought I'd post my solution in case anyone else is having the same problem.

The error stems from some sort of conflict between EDK's version of cygwin and another version that you have installed already. You're supposed to be able to use the command xbash -override to switch to EDK's version but in my experience this didn't work.

My solution was to delete my original cygwin installation and remove the registry entry for Cygnus Solutions. EDK should then default to using its own version of cygwin; clean the libraries in your project and it should work. However, if you want to keep your cygwin installation for something else I guess you've still got a problem.

Hope this helps...

David

Reply to
David