SSFP16 GPL licensed 16 Fpga processor released

Hi,

the original announcement is at the bottom of the thread there

or the direct download link

all the documentation is in german only at the moment, but it should be still useable - the download archive includes

vhdl files example toplevel and ucd for Digilent S3 starterkit assembler (with C sources) simulator (in java) script to use data2mem for rom initialization documentation

there is no ISE project, so new project must be made, then just add all vhdl files. on my test build the UCF caused errors on timing constraints and bram loc constrains, after removing them the build was succesful.

for succesful data2mem script merging the UCF-BMM must match or the data2mem will not be able to init the bitstream correctly so that may have to be fixed manually, otherwise is the project ready to go for S3 starterkit.

and size - just for testing I synthesized for S3-50: used slices 43% not bad for an 16 bit processor.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

Any ETA on translations for us over here in the us that never learned another language?

Reply to
ziggy

Here is ttranslation : " in the last weeks a small RISC processor sketched. A few data: - described completely in VHDL - Harvard architecture - 16-bit data capacity (other one at something expenditure naturally possible) -

16-bit of > >
Reply to
avionion

ziggy schrieb:

ETA of google translation: 5 minutes from now, so have have fun:

funny to read, like WebPack is now Web luggage !!

Antti

Reply to
Antti

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

be aware with posting google translations - the author of the SSFP16 posted on the german newsgroup in an tone "well you dont have to worry I am not going to make you legal trouble", and then talked about FDL copyright violation. To my best knowledge such accusations are meaningless, but.. well this is what you get when you try to help :)

I asked my wife to edit the google-moogle translation, but as we have 2 small kids she really hasnt found the time todo it yet, and I havent pushed it either.

The legalese stuff in the SSFP16 docs looked at weird to me when I first read it, near to paranoia, but now I see what it means :(

Antti

Reply to
Antti