spartan 3A : DDR2 controller

for edu. purpose, I would like to modify s3astarter_ddr2 design to use it with picoblaze (store some data to ddr2 and read them back later).

I understand I have to hack vhdl_xst_bl8_ddr2_test_bench_0 according my needs replacing addr_gen, cmd_fsm,... and connect picoblaze external bus to memory.

This is my first memory controller design and a bit too hard. Does anybody have some sample, reference design, guidelines... (this is for spartan 3A starter kit, I am looking for the same design for 3E starter kit DDR sdram)

I do not want to use an EDK design.

regards, raph

Reply to
rponsard

unfortunatly NO, there is no open free simple easy MIG demo design known. the only way to actually use DDR2 on Spartan-3A board is currently the EDK design

Antti

Reply to
Antti