Spartan-3 starter kit and digilent jtag-usb cable

Bought the starter board from xilinx and the jtag-usb cable fro digilent I've had the starter board a few weeks. And seeing that I only hav USB on my laptop, I purchased the usb cable. This way I won't have t use my slow and noisy machine with a par-port to program the board, thought. But I can't get the cable working properly It (ExPort software from digilent) finds the chain and when I progra the xc3s200 the sw says it worked ok. But...it didn't, the board i totally hung and pressing the Prog button on the board doesn't d anything (still had the original prom-config that was pre-loaded) Removing and reapplying the power to the board, and everything work ok again

Am I missing anything elemtary here? Like settings for the .bit fil

or something? Just tried it with a SVF file and now the PROM is empt as well...even though I asked the prom to be bypassed Programming with the par-cable still works fine, though (thankfully nothing is dead on the board

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

((mic

Reply to
mice

Problem solved. Sorry for taking up space (and bumping).. Left clicking on icon is export and selecting "Program Device" work fine

Cheers

((mic

Reply to
mice