I can't connect to my Spartan 3 !!! ( Digilent starter kit )

I use Impact 8.1 When I want to download files on my starter kit, ( with the Digilent JTAG cable) Impact prompt this :

WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !// *** BATC CMD : setCable -port lpt1 Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - LPT1). Checking cable driver. Driver windrvr6.sys version = 7.0.0.0. LPT base address = 03F8h. ECP base address = FFFFFFFFh. Cable connection failed.

What can I do ???

Thanks

Reply to
Scope

get a PC with decent real LPT port !!

some PCI LTP ports (sunix chipset as example) are not revealing its LPT base address so tools that obtain the address automatically like Impact fail to use such LPT ports. With Lattice software you can enter the LPT base manually and still use such printer port cards.

for impact to work a real LPT port is needed (not usb LPT) this may be on-motheboard LPT or PCI LPT card

Antti

Reply to
Antti