SPARC V7 CORE

Hi, Does anybody know if a SYNTHETISABLE Sparc V7 IP core is available ? I got the ERC32 free core which is useful for simulation but not synthetisable.

The LEON (2 or 3) is available but is Sparc V8 , not V7

Reply to
bm

Why don't you just disable the integer multiply/divide in Leon to get back to a V7 version, I don't believe you will find anything as good, powerful and free as the Leon core.

Hans

Hans

I agree with that. Your best chance is to downscale an existing LEON (or LEON2) processor core. I recall a published technique discussing "specializing" processors by removing features from more general ones mainly for targeting lower area and power consumption. It is called "instruction subsetting" i think.

Nikolaos Kavvadias

Reply to
Uncle Noah

Thanks for these relevant responses. How would i make a "diff" between Sparc V7 & V8 ???

Reply to
bm

A yellow highlighter?

Reply to